Order Payment

MyDreamIsAStory
New Community Member
I recently ordered a magazine online and the transaction was made through PayPal. It’s been over ten days and I have yet to receive the magazine. I check and I did receive an receipt from the mag company but only that it’s on hold until payment is received. I have bought from them before with no issues. This time I looked on my account and saw that the momey was sent to some company that is clearly not a magazine company nor the company itself and had a weird email that doesn’t look official. Could it be that someone hacked their website and is taking coustomers’ money? I have a few people tell me the same thing because we all ordered the same issue. I filed a claim with PayPal and emailed the magazine company.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Hi MyDreamIsAStory -

This is a great question, and I'm glad that you've brought your concerns to us here on the Community! Depending on how the merchant has their checkout set up, it is actually possible for a hacker to get into their site (not PayPal's, to be clear), and potentially redirect payments to another PayPal account. If a situation like that occurs, your best bet (and anyone else that's having an issue) would probably be to file a non-receipt case on the payment so we can work on getting you your money back. And with enough reports of this type of activity, we can work on having the potentially fraudulent PayPal account shut down as well.

And, of course, the merchant would want to contact their web developer to get things figured out on their site. 

Hope that helps!

- Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.