OVER CHARGED ON EBAY ITEM BY 50%

Marcie
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a game on Ebay, the price was $59.95 I thought it was high but wasnt aware of how high. I usually trust Ebay with fair prices, however this seller sent me the game and the original price tag was still attached for $24.95 .. Are people allowed to over charge on brand new ticketed items and by that much?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When re-selling an item, the seller can charge whatever a buyer is willing to pay.  It's market price--whatever the buying market will bear.

That's how re-selling businesses make money.

Imagine, if anything you bought on eBay you would never be able to sell at a higher price than what you paid.

Login to Me Too

Marcie
Contributor
Contributor

Oh yes, I understand the mark up deal, I too have sold numerous items on Ebay for sometimes less and sometimes more than what I paid. I know that is a huge part in profitting from Ebay and other selling websites. I also get the "fees" and such however those are SELLER fees not BUYER fees.. marking something up over 50% is robbery. If the seller wants to increase the price, fine, but remove the tag that states the actual price. Its not an antique or a one of a kind item.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As a seller I also would remove at least the original price or tag from an item when re-selling an item just to not create anxiety with the buyer, but there isn't a requirement to do so.  Some sellers just  don't have good buyer relations skills.

Not much you can do in this case, however,  UNLESS there were no tracking to show delivery.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

some items have been out of production long ago or hard  to find,one does not know how the seller finds these items,he could pay more than the listed price?

An original Tiffany studio dragonfly lamp was sold for a lot less than what you would pay for it now,ten years ago I saw one on Ebay,it went for 6 figures.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if it is a recent item and you think you may find it cheaper elsewhere,why not ask the seller for a discount ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.