Nonprofit - multiple paypal accounts for same organization... Possible?

jleiphart
Contributor
Contributor

Our non-profit already has a PayPal account linked to a bank account, but we'd like to set up another PayPal account (for the same nonprofit), linked to a separate bank account and utilized only for fundraising. Is this possible? If so, what are the steps to getting this setup?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jleiphart

You are only allowed a total of 2 paypal accounts and only then if 1 is personal and the other 1 is a business one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jleiphart
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlasswrote:

@jleiphart

You are only allowed a total of 2 paypal accounts and only then if 1 is personal and the other 1 is a business one.

What if it's separate people owning the Paypal accounts - and linking to separate bank accounts, but linked to the same nonprofit EIN #

Login to Me Too

Open_School
Contributor
Contributor

We have exactly the same need.  For us, we want to use one account for our main fundraising campaign, where the purchaser information is sensitive and can be seen only by a few people.  We want the other for a variety of small events where the purchaser names and amounts are fine for others to see.  Not being able to have two accounts will drive us to use another vendor for payments for one or the other.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.