Non-profit donate buttons show purpose to donor but purpose not shown in organization paypal account

sccacinstructor
Contributor
Contributor

I work for a non-profit.  Because I am not the Finance Manager in charge of the account, I can't use the account email to get a response to this question and the Finance Manager does not know how to build a website.  Therefore, I am using my personal account to try to get an answer to this question.

We have a business account and have a donate button on our website linked to that account for one program.  We want to install donate buttons specific to other programs.  It appears that separate buttons, each having a distinct purpose, can be specified .  The donor sees the purpose for that button on the donation form accessed by clicking the button.  However, when we receive a donation in our account, the donor's name shows but not the purpose of the donation.  I don't want to create a separate business account for every program we have.  Is there a way to have the purpose, as well as the donor's name, appear in our account statement?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, but, the actual code for a Donation item button has it limitations, meaning you cannot add additional text input fields for things like collecting the Donor's name.   The online button creator does a great job for creating basic Donation code for non-programmers however, when you need additional info, it has it limitations.   The work around is to use the Buy Now item button code as you can use the "option variables" to collect or pass any additional you need, you can even manually swap out the Buy Now button graphic for Donation graphic.  Using this method, the Donor will get the Buy Now Checkout Screen which is different from the Donation checkout screen but the end result is you should get all the info using just one item button.

Login to Me Too

sccacinstructor
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  I will see if I can make that work for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.