No option to send money as a personal payment to friends/family

JCWJ1
Contributor
Contributor

Here is an image I found which shows the problem I am facing: http://s149.photobucket.com/user/ary_lusifer/media/paypal.jpg.html

I can only send money as a payment for goods/services. I'm from Singapore, so I don't think I have a US Paypal account. My Paypal account is currently unverified. What is the reason for the option to send as a personal payment to not be there, and is there a solution?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

abby1993

How about in Japan? is this option visible in Japan?

Login to Me Too

Nclschmitz
New Community Member
Hi, is there an option to send personal payments to friends and family from dubai ? I am trying to send money to my friend is the US
Login to Me Too

boldwap
New Community Member
That's not available in singapore 😞 my friend can't receive money in Indonesia by mistake I sent him money and wrote friends and family in the notes. That's unclear . Sad Sad Sad Source: http://boldwap.com
Login to Me Too

clarkdemesa2016
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am from the philippines but I dont have the option to send to family members as personal payment. Everytime i send payment I pay 3+ dollars... this is insane.

Login to Me Too

Kisaten
New Community Member
I was able to send personal payments to friends and family eatlier in the year, but noe that option is gone (I am in Japan -I checked with my bank about any regulation chqnges and they said that there should not have been. Is it a bug in the paypal site?
Login to Me Too

LiliBg
New Community Member

Same here. I am in Serbia, and used to send money to my son, now there is no such option?!

Login to Me Too

michpan
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same thing happened to me here in Greece. I used to have this option for a long time, used it about five times, now it's gone! I emailed Paypal and I got 3 generic unhelpful replies..

Login to Me Too

abby1993

I have a student from Japan, Is it still not an option in Japan until now? She could not be able to see that kind of option too.

Login to Me Too

frandelgado

I am form Costa Rica but I am in Canada and I need to send money to my sister.

The only option I have to send money is "Pay for goods ans services" .

What can I do to get the send money to family option available.?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Onthemove
I am having this problem in Ireland. It wasn't a problem In the past - i have often sent money via friends and family option. I had difficulty the last time and now again. It finally worked last time and I think I must have tried transaction using a laptop instead of my mobile. Is this maybe the problem - option not available on mobile using full site? Any help greatly appreciated as the reply I got was less than helpful off topic suggestions!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.