No option to send money as a personal payment to friends/family

JCWJ1
Contributor
Contributor

Here is an image I found which shows the problem I am facing: http://s149.photobucket.com/user/ary_lusifer/media/paypal.jpg.html

I can only send money as a payment for goods/services. I'm from Singapore, so I don't think I have a US Paypal account. My Paypal account is currently unverified. What is the reason for the option to send as a personal payment to not be there, and is there a solution?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @JCWJ1,

Welcome to the Forums! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with trying to send a personal payment. Regrettably some countries have different government rules and regulations that prevent us from allowing all services and features to be available in all regions. 😞 Personal payments are currently not an option in Singapore. 😞

There's more info on PayPal's availability and services here: http://bit.ly/1qL3ZPk

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

eza1981
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is this option available in Costa Rica? I need to send money to a frien in the US.

Thanks,

Edwin

Login to Me Too

jean_v
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ashley,

Is the option to send a personal payment feature available in China and Philippines?

Login to Me Too

Sammie_DelaCruz
New Community Member

It is active in Philippines (my account has it).

Login to Me Too

NellyChile
New Community Member

Hi there

Why does my paypal account (Chile) not have the option to send money to friends or family? It just makes no sense that this has to do with local banks regulations, since it would be a transaction between two paypal accounts. Please fix this!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Maybe you have to use Xoom:

https://www.xoom.com/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dafigreat
New Community Member
I have the same problem (Chile). I recently made a transaction by PayPal. I sent money to my friend in Germany, but I had to make it as if I were paying her for a product. 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi dafigreat,

I'm sorry to hear that you do not have the option to send a friends and family payment to a friend in Germany. There may be some issue on the recipient's side. If others are also not able to send a friends and family payment to that person's account, please ask your friend to reach out to customer support to look into it. They can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

RM10
New Community Member

Hi Ashley,

If a person from a country that does not have the friends/family option travels to a country that does have the option, can that person log on there and have the option available? In other words, does the limitation go with the person, or the location of log on?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.