No more "Other conversion options"

Rohff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

During checkout I want to use my bank exchange rate rather than Paypal's.

I used to be able to do that but since by my debit card was renewed a few weeks ago, the option is not there anymore.

I've contacted Paypal several times about it but they act like the option is still there.

Of course the present situation is good for them and bad for me.

What can I do?

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

fmoros
Contributor
Contributor

It also happen the same at the sellers end.

Before I used to receive my payments on whatever currency I listed/sold my items. Sometimes received euro, sometimes US, sometimes British pounds, and leave them in my paypal balance to pay for my purchases without converting unless I needed and when I needed.

Now my payments are received converted into British pounds (which is my primary currency/address), which I do not want to convert, as I am buying things from retailers in US.

The final straw is that the provide not reference to the original price in US dollars, neither the comission deducted. Therefore, I dont know if the buyer payed for the full price, or he changed the amount. I can not see the comissions taking by paypal.

This is nuts.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In your profile,yu can specify you want to keep certain currency in your Paypal account as separate balance without converting,you have to do this for every currency you want to keep

Login to Me Too

fmoros
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I have that done, and it was working fine before.

The only thing I can think is that the buyer converted the money to pounds and send it to me like that, even she says she did not do it.

Let's see the next payments.

thanks a lot

Login to Me Too

bitbiz
New Community Member

for Paypal EU log in Paypal, click setting icon (right side up, near log out), you'll see Profile

click Payments then Manage pre-approved payments, then Set Available funding sources and you'll see your credit card numbers and a link for conversion options, click it and select Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice, then submit and SAVE!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.