No more "Other conversion options"

Rohff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

During checkout I want to use my bank exchange rate rather than Paypal's.

I used to be able to do that but since by my debit card was renewed a few weeks ago, the option is not there anymore.

I've contacted Paypal several times about it but they act like the option is still there.

Of course the present situation is good for them and bad for me.

What can I do?

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

Ukrainian
Contributor
Contributor

@Alex_KV wrote:

мне пришлось завести отдельные USD и EUR карты и попросить саппорт принудительно закрепить на этих картах в аккаунте валюты USD и EUR Smiley Mad 

попроси на свою гривневую прикрепить USD, тогда при оплате в USD будет ковертировать твой банк, а не палка, правда с евро ну и другими валютами будет и дальше лажа Smiley Frustrated

My card was issued in USD, since 2009. It is being used for years only for payments in USD with PP as well, without conversions. Now I have to wait for great favour from PP: to bring things back to normal (don't know how long will it take).

Да, и вот с русского форума, у них та же проблема: "мне отписали, что пользуйтесь конвертацией PP либо ждите пока проблема будет решена" А зачем ее решать, если можно грести еще 4% сверху на пустом месте?

Definitely i'll stop using PP until this issue will be solved. 4% for "conversion" plus 5% of seller commission is way too much.

Login to Me Too

gorann
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody triyd checkout through ebay, and than during ebay checkout turing on credit card conversion option?  (than it doesnt show your local currency, only USD - I tried it but currently cannot acces credit card listing, so I dont know how much was taken... )

PS: And its obviously not truth that credit card cannot convert it, when it worked whole the time - and when I can pay with same credit card on aliexpress, in USD, for example... 

Login to Me Too

Ukrainian
Contributor
Contributor

@Alex_KV wrote:

мне пришлось завести отдельные USD и EUR карты и попросить саппорт принудительно закрепить на этих картах в аккаунте валюты USD и EUR

Как ты пробился в саппорт? Я уже 4 сообщения написал через Messsage Center, просто тупо не отвечают. Карта у меня и так в долларах. Долго у тебя это заняло? Слов не хватает, одни маты.

Login to Me Too

Alex_KV
Contributor
Contributor

))) i wait more then 5 days, write 3 letters.

it is only one way - waiting... Smiley Mad

мудаки они блин, - это точно

Login to Me Too

Ukrainian
Contributor
Contributor

@Alex_KV wrote:

))) i wait more then 5 days, write 3 letters.

it is only one way - waiting... Smiley Mad

мудаки они блин, - это точно

Я пока только 2 суток как обнаружил, зато писем больше написал, уже 4. Они же обещают за 24 часа ответить 🙂

С огромным удовольствием прекращу через них платить как только будет альтернатива. За все хорошее, особенно за то что сейчас они творят. Shop with peace in your mind! Man Mad

Login to Me Too

Ukrainian
Contributor
Contributor

Some user say that after manual setup of desired currency in a few days the f..g conversion is back (either set by support or by any other way). Check your transactions carefully! As for me: 3 days have passed after discovering new "service", 4 messages sent to support - no answer, conversion is active, I keep payments on hold. And so are thousands (millions?) of users worldwide.

Login to Me Too

allex1978
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i am from Ukraine. I have a VISA card in USD. The "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice." option wroks good for me before. Now i trying to buy the item with pice in USD and the PP wants to convert the price from USD to UAH and then back to USD with extra fee(about 10%).  Why?  I stop using PP for now.  

Привет земляки!

Login to Me Too

Alex_KV
Contributor
Contributor

) Hello.

I put half of my payments to amazon store after this issue.

Big PayPal global fail...

До сих пор нихрена не пофиксили... 

Login to Me Too

thepowerof4
Contributor
Contributor

THIS IS NOT SOLVED!!!

I am yet another victim of PayPal's scam! I have set the "Bill me in the curreny listed on the seller's incoivce" options in the conversion options agains my debit card AND IT IS IGNORING THE SETTING! IT IS STILL STEALING MONEY! NO MORE PAYPAL FOR ME, UNLESS RESOLVED!

I've written to support, awaiting resolution.

I encourage anyone in the EU to file a complaint here:

http://ec.europa.eu/atwork/applying-eu-law/make_a_complaint_en.htm

Login to Me Too

Alex_KV
Contributor
Contributor

It's a good business for PayPal, but there is no choice Smiley Sad

Some purchases can make from amazon.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.