No matter what, you're at risk of chargeback scams when using PayPal.

MrNiceGuy2
New Community Member

No matter how careful you are, no matter how closely you follow the rules outlined in PayPal's User Agreements, PayPal will not protect you against chargebacks. Even if you prove beyond any reasonable doubt that you have done everything right, met all of their requirements, and PayPal decides in the PayPal dispute that you are in the right, you can kiss your money goodbye if the buyer files a chargeback! I am out thousands of dollars because a buyer received my item, broke a small, insignificant piece (think of those rubber nipples on brand new tires) and then claimed to his financial institute that the product received was not as described, and PayPal failed to defend me. Now the buyer has a 99.99% perfect item for free and I am out thousands of dollars!! The evidence I provided to PayPal came from a lawyer and a quality auditor, so believe me when I say that the evidence was overwhelmingly clear that the buyer was trying to scam me. Still PayPal was unable to protect me, as they promise to do so in their Policy. 

PayPal's policy: 

Seller protection does not provide protection for:

• Claims, chargebacks, or reversals for items significantly not as described.

Ignore the underlined portion above because IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER. No amount of proof or evidence or following the rules will make a difference. I will be closing my PayPal account and looking to do online business by other means. I will not allow PayPal to take money from my account ever again. SO my question is, how do you justify continuing to use PayPal? Because you havent been burned yet? Is that a smart decision? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Did you ship to the exact address provided on the transaction details page for the payment? Did you get any update from the card issuing company about why they sided with the buyer without requiring them to return the product? In all cases I've seen as long as you ship to the billing address associated with the credit card the card company will require the buyer to return the product.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.