New Debit Cards

Stephenspaula
Contributor
Contributor

I have received my new business debit card with chip and now I am expecting a refund from a purchase I made but it was with old card#.  They are processing the refund to the old card #, will it automatically go on the new card?  Are they linked together even though I can no longer use the old card?

Paula

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

When PayPal refunds money back to a card, the card issuer/bank receives the funds and will post them back to the appropriate account.  If they do not do this, the funds are usually sent back to PayPal.   PayPal will then post them into your PayPal balance.  The bad news is, the process can take 30 days or longer before PayPal gets the funds back. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stephenspaula

If both debit cards belong / ed to the same account then it should go through ok.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

When PayPal refunds money back to a card, the card issuer/bank receives the funds and will post them back to the appropriate account.  If they do not do this, the funds are usually sent back to PayPal.   PayPal will then post them into your PayPal balance.  The bad news is, the process can take 30 days or longer before PayPal gets the funds back. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.