Need some help

Luke-z1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I on Friday I made an order on a website that I later had to cancel... The company had to take payment before I could cancel my order. So PayPal sent them the money £617  showing in my PayPal account as -£617 pounds which was going to cost me €717.. PayPal said that I had sent the money even though nothing went out of my bank account... I cancelled the order on the Friday and now on Monday the company have sent the £617 back showing in my PayPal as +£617 saying refunded on it but no PayPal balance.Still nothing showing in my bank account.. So my question is what happens now? Are PayPal still going to take the money out of my account at some point this week? And then after they have taken the £617 pounds from my bank account my PayPal will show £617.. I'm really confused lol so if anybody has had a similar experience that can help that would be great! I want to know if it's safe to spend that money on something else or are PayPal still going to take the £617 out of my account? Any help would be great 🙂 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Luke-z1,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community forum. It sounds like you may have had an authorization, which means the money would have been placed on hold within the account while we waited for the transaction to be processed by the merchant. If they canceled the order, you shouldn't be charged. I would advise contacting us so that we can verify everything has been canceled out and you're all set to keep purchasing. You can go to "Help & Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click "Contact Customer Support". Thanks!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.