Need help with understanding "Issuing Partial Refund"

IYGK
New Community Member

Newbie here. So I'm just trying to understand what this means:

"When you issue a partial refund, we credit a percentage of the variable transaction fee, based on the amount of the refund."

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that simply means I get a small return from the transaction fee (3% was it?) upon issuing a partial refund? 

So if I go to the "Issue Refund" page and type in "$10.00" in the "Refund Amount" Box, the sender of the amount receives exactly $10.00 and not $9.70, or $10.30 - and I receive: (partial refund)/(full amount) * transaction fee?

Thank you to those answering my questions in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The sender gets 10 bucks, part of it s refunded by you and part of it is refunded by PayPal (the variable portion of the fee) to equal $10.  If you refunded in full, the same happens except PayPal docks an extra 30 cents.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The sender gets 10 bucks, part of it s refunded by you and part of it is refunded by PayPal (the variable portion of the fee) to equal $10.  If you refunded in full, the same happens except PayPal docks an extra 30 cents.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.