Need help with my account

fireflame5
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to be able to use my checking account for payments and have it set up as primary with my credit card as back up.  But everytime I try to make a purchase it is only giving me the option to use my credit card.  My gf has PayPal and she is able to pick any of the accounts she has linked for payment.  (she has a credit card, debit card, checking account, & a savings account)  Why am I not able to do this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

When you login to PayPal you have set the bank as your default funding source correct?  When you try to make a purchase are you not given the option to manually chance the funding source where the funds will pull from?

Login to Me Too

fireflame5
Contributor
Contributor

Yes the bank account is listed as my preferred method of payment. And when I try to make a purchase on eBay or anywhere else it only lists my credit card.  It doesn't allow me to change to my checking account.  I messaged PayPal and all I got was an automated reply about how to add my bank account which I've already done.  Very frustrating.  I was hoping someone may know something else I've missed.  I'm not a new PayPal customer as I've had this account for a couple years. 

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like your account may have glitched out.  If that is the case only a phone call will help.  Email system has gone almost entirely fully automatic so that system will provide you with zero help.  I hate calling any customer support line but it may be your only option.  Having had a PP account since 2001'ish these things do happen.

Login to Me Too

Szczerba
Contributor
Contributor

My account is doing the same way. When I go to pay for something, the only options for payment are my bank account and paypal credit. No option for Paypal balance. I've clicked and searched with no luck so far. 

Login to Me Too

fireflame5
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's response is they have no idea why things don't work sometimes but it just happens.  (WTF??)  I mean my gf has had an account since back when PayPal used to give money for referring friends when they were brand new.  And she has no problems having multiple funding sources and choosing which one she wishes to use. 

Now they are saying I don't have credit available well I wasn't trying to use my credit card.  I was trying to use my checking account!  Makes no sense at all. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.