Need advice regarding receiving Payment

Sam3631
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

i joined PayPal 6 days ago, and i am in the business of IT and Software and repair Service.  i made until now around 1500 Euros, i expect to make around 3000 by end of the month. Next Month i probably will hit 6000 - 8000 euros. I have a business account. PayPal wrote to me that i am not allowed to receive Private Payments from my customers. Well the thing is i know most of my customers before i join PayPal, and their is a Trust between me and the customers that i deal with. I even do the Job and they can pay me after. 9 i use to use Bank or Credit Card before i joined PayPal.

The thing is i do understand what PayPal is getting at, but can i tell the customers what to do? Many customers just pay my work fees and they move on.

I thought about asking each customer their PayPal email and request the payment, but the thing is not every Customer wants to go to the trouble and do that.  That would solve the problem and customers pay like that automatic the PayPal fees right?

I don't want to bother my customers and tell them what to do and what not to do. But what options do i have?

Please give me some advice in what to do, as i am quiet new with Paypal.

Thanks and best regards

SAM

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if they are paying you for goods and services,they must use payment under goods and services,not friend and family so Paypal will get 30 cents plus 2.9-4.4% of the payment.

so just tell them to send via goods and services,NOT friend and family

Login to Me Too

Sam3631
Contributor
Contributor

Okay i did that and and some still end paying like that? what should i do then?

Example today i did a website for someone for 260 Euros, he was happy with it and then he paid. I told him to pay as goods and services. But after i checked he still paid it as Private payment. He left a note saying thank you and that he was happy with my work. I mean with some people its goes in on ear and out the others.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Continuing to accept friend/family payments rather than goods/services puts your entire PayPal account in jeopardy.

As a business you should be sending each customer a PayPal invoice with full description of the services provided.  The buyer just pays the invoice from PayPal account or with a credit card.  That's the way business works.  The fee is of no concern to the buyer.

Just be aware that you don't get PayPal seller protection for virtual goods (services) and it's easy for buyers to win non-delivery disputes.

Too many high value payments with no shipping details may raise alerts with your account.

You should also review PayPal User Agreement for policies on holds and rolling holds as they will be critical to your cash flow.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.