My buyer want his money back, after 3 months of transaction

giraffi
New Community Member

so here's the problem

3 months ago (8june) i sold my RF online account for 68$ to someone via paypal

and then the deal was done, he got the account and I got the money, but just now, he wants my money back, and report me so I have negative balance, What should I do ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@giraffi

What was the report for?

1. Non receipt of item.

2. Item not as described.

3. Unauthorised transaction.

4. Chargeback via a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

This is not the best news but, your buyer has some good knowledge of PayPal's policies - he either studied the User Agreement or has been helped by others.  There's several things in the buyer's favor - as you did not sell an item that is physical, tangible or can be shipped and tracked, your sale is not eligible for coverage under PayPal’s Seller Protection program.  The game account would be classified under digital goods and services and is not covered for protection.  Also, per the User Agreement, the buyer can open a dispute within 180 days of the date he or she made the payment.  (They buyer could also state that the transaction was unauthorized.)  There may be not much else you can do except try to appeal the claim.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Quandary

There may not be any seller protection but that is only if paypal find against them.

If its an unauthorised dispute and paypal find this is not so then the seller will win.

If its a chargeback and the c.c. company does not find for their client the seller will win.

If the buyer has filed a dispute for 'not as described' then the seller will win as there is NO buyer protection for virtual / digital goods for NAD items.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.