My bank account no longer shows up as a payment method on any websites. How do I fix this?

missriggs
Contributor
Contributor
I have been having this issue for about a month now where my bank account no longer shows up as a payment method. Subsequently, I can no longer use instant bank transfer or pay after delivery. My bank has been confirmed and is listed as my preferred payment method. I tried contacting PayPal about this and got hung up on due to "technical difficulties". I'm not finding any helpful information online about this problem, although I'm finding that many other users are having the same issue. Has anyone had any luck in resolving this? Thanks for your help.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi missriggs,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble using your bank. I would advise reaching out to us in this case, as this sounds like it may be an error or account specific problem. Please contact us so that we can help!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

missriggs
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Ashley, I did call PayPal and they basically told me it was a security issue put on by "the system" and that it might be a month to six months before I am able to use my bank account and PAD for purchases again. They wouldn't be more specific than that. I've been using PayPal for nearly ten years and this is extremely frustrating. Is there anything else that can be done to fix this?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey missriggs,

That's definitely not good to hear. 😞 Typically this issue is related to ACH returns. Did this happen in your case? When PayPal receives an ACH return from a bank, we are unable to offer features like PAD for some time due to the link between the accounts being severed. Our system no longer trusts that the bank can fulfill requests for funds, and for this reason we don't allow you to use it for a while after the ACH return occurs. If this is the case, you can continue using it for instant transfers if the option is available. Otherwise, you should see the payment source of eCheck available to make payments until we establish a good relationship with the bank again. I understand this process is frustrating, and I apologize for any inconvenience. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

missriggs
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, this makes more sense. Do you know approximately how long or how many transactions will need to be made before my bank options can be fully usable again on Paypal?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@missriggs

I wish I could provide a definite answer! There's no sure amount of money or time as to when this will be available again. I would just advise continuing to use it for purchases and (fingers crossed!) it comes back for you soon.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.