My account was limited. I sent the documents. I've got no reply after a week of waiting.

KenzoG
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My account was limited 8 days ago because i made a transaction to my mom's bank account and the bank, as they didn't see her name on the transaction, notified PayPal of an "unauthorized" transaction, so of course, paypal limited my account.

I don't really blame them for that. So they asked me to verify the bank account again, which i did. After that, they required for me to upload my ID which i also uploaded (both sides) and updated the security questions as per paypal's request.

Okay, everything good until that point, but it's been more than a week already and in the pop-out it said that i'd have an aswer from them 2 business days from that date and i'm still waiting.

I've got money stuck inside and i need to receive more, so i'm not really sure if i should keep acepting money if my account is limited.

Do you guys think if i tell my mother to talk with the bank, they'll dismiss the warning they gave to PayPal or that's just a fiction inside my head?

Anyways, i'm not really sure if it takes this long to receive an answer from them, correct me if i'm wrong please.

Regards.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When a person reviews your documents your account will be limited at least until you turn 18 and your money will not be available until then.  You may or may not be able to have an account after you turn 18 because of being a high risk.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well, you really do need to discuss the issue with your mom and she should probably make sure you do not have access to here account again.

Why are you using your mom's bank account rather than your own?

Does all of the information on our ID documents match the information you used when you established your account.

PayPal will unlimit yoru account just because you submitted documents.  Because your issue was an extreme security risk PayPal will do a serious investigation about your account and any related accounts. PayPal could actually decide to permanently limit your account if there are any descrepancies or violation of PayPal policies.

Login to Me Too

KenzoG
Contributor
Contributor

I made the transaction with her prior authorization.

I do not have my own bank account, so that's why i used hers.

I sent my country's ID which matchs my name in PayPal.

It wasn't a security risk, it was a misunderstanding with the bank.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Does your birthdate match correctly on all documents and PayPal to show you are over 18?

Login to Me Too

KenzoG
Contributor
Contributor
I'm 17 y/o and 4 months away from being 18 y/o. Yes dates are correct.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

When a person reviews your documents your account will be limited at least until you turn 18 and your money will not be available until then.  You may or may not be able to have an account after you turn 18 because of being a high risk.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That account will be permanently limited.  When you're 18, you can call customer service about creating a new account and move cards, funds etc, over.  But you cannot use your mom's bank in the new acct.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.