My account isnt accepting Visa from others

GreaterGood929
New Community Member

Hi there, 

Attempting to perform a transaction using "Send Money", the person who is attempting to send money to myself is receiving a message that reads "Your recipient doesn't accept payments from this kind of card or bank. choose another and try again."
For the life of me I cant find anywhere where I can controll settings regarding what cards I accept.

Any insight on this? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

dont assume we know all about you,always tell us where you are,where your account is registered,what kind of account and where is the sender and what is he using as source of fund. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The error states the sender needs to use a different payment source.  The sender needs to figure out what other payment source could be used--a different credit card or bank account, a different currency, something else?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Have the sender check if their card is still valid (expired card?) or do not have CVV code saved on the card.  Or they call their card issuer to ask why their charge did not go through.  The card company could have blocked it.

In your seller preferences, under block payments settings, select No for Block Accidental Payments.  And allow payments initiated from send money tab.

Or send a money request or invoice to the sender to pay.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.