My Cash Error Code = 109

Cube
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently purchased a PayPal My Cash card, and when I try to cash the money I get a My Cash Error Code = 109. What is this?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Devinsmom
New Community Member
That was awesome feedback. Very informative and very helpful . Thank you
Login to Me Too

gingermcchic
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent answer, thanks! How did you find what the error code means? Is there a list somewhere?

Login to Me Too

DanielMichael
New Community Member

It's **bleep** is what it is.  

It's a ton of frustration and aguish.  These stupid cards hold our money hostage for hours before letting you apply them to your account.  What's more irritating beyond all comprehension is that rthe call in number, 855-721-5035 is going to tell you the funds are on the card and then in a smug sort of way remind you that they have yet to be applied to a paypal account.  As if your prime objective for calling them wasn't for that exact purpose.   It's torment is what it boils down to.  I never use these stupid cards unless I want to, on some rare occasion like recently, buy a high ticket item from eBay.  

I use paypal, paypal here, etc. for our business and they are awesome.  They have better customer service than any bassackward banking institution.  I will state atop a soap box all the many ways PayPal is far supperior to Square any day... It's when you are forced to rely on a third party service associated with PayPal that you see just how ill-efficient the rest of the world outside of PayPal operates. 

Login to Me Too

modernangelina
Contributor
Contributor

This is unnacceptable. We buy these cards for convenience and expediency. If the company does not comply with PayPal's standards, they should not be used. I am infuritated after purchasing three full cards in an emergency and being unable to load the money. It just doesnt work.

Errors like this cannot be made with money. 

Login to Me Too

kafm73
Contributor
Contributor
It's not unacceptable nor devious/malicious. It just takes a few minutes (usually ~15-20 minutes for me) for the systems to link up and pass the information where it needs to go. I use Walgreens and CVS to load a PP MyCash card...there's the short delay while the store completes the loading and the $ is then "sent" to PayPal, whom, I assume, has their own little routine that the transaction must go through before it's ready...in usually less than 30 minutes.
Login to Me Too

kafm73
Contributor
Contributor
My reply was specifically addressing the error 109, which is a processing time error. If you've loaded several cards and can NEVER access the $, there's some other situation going on.
Login to Me Too

modernangelina
Contributor
Contributor

This is an unacceptable way to treat customers with money. If when following the instructions on the back of the card produces as error code, the "wait and try again message" does not explain what is happening. And calling in confirms with the customer that the funds are indeed available and unloaded... causing further frustration. If like me, a family member needs cash in an emergency and has Paypal, and I can't wait for bank transfer time, this seemed perfect.

After calling PayPal, and being blown off with "Well, it's not an error on our side.", I looked through forums. Logging out of Paypal and starting from a fresh browser window worked for me! If logged in, before trying to load, the error persisted.

It took an hour before I was able to load the $500 card.

I asked family to load the other card from their PayPal accounts (after the hour purchase time). The same error came up. I went to return the cards, but could not. It took me three days to load the money. 😞 😞

Not what you need to experience in a jam. It could have been much better if the directions included to wait 30-60 minutes for activation, or if the recording said so, instead of stating that the funds were available to load. Who wants to go to forums, call two help lines, after making a purchase to transfer cash? Not me. They have 0 customer service. And it could be solved with simple communication tweaks.

Login to Me Too

gporg123

use this link worked for me www.paypal-cash.com

the url has to change to this

Login to Me Too

chuccs13
Y i cant load my paypal my cash card
Login to Me Too

TrumpsterGirl71
Contributor
Contributor

When you call the 800#, just press 1 (number one) and wait, then you will get the same recording, REPEAT (press number one and wait)....then one last time (press number one then wait) a total of three times. If a customer person does not pick up, then dial 0# enter your PIN# on your card (three times) then press 1 (one).

However, after I pressed 1 and waited...one again..and waited...1 again and waited...I got a live person. 

She explained that the card will NOT work for 30 full minutes after you load it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.