Money lost

Arerose
Contributor
Contributor

My money apparently never reached the person it was sent to (470$). The money was sent October 20th according to my activity log but the person recieving it says that they still havent recieved it. Im pretty sure it shouldnt take this long as it doesnt usually with any other payments I've made on paypal and the person has a verified email address. Nothing I have looked up has been able to help much. Is there anyway i can get a refund to my account or atleast verifiy where the money got lost??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello Arerose,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear there's been a problem with a payment you sent. That's definitely no good! Here are some suggestions on how to address this situation.

First, I see you mentioned that you checked your Activity. That's a great step! If you see the status on the transaction is Completed, then that indicates the recipient received the money. My only other thought is to suggest that you check your Activity from the date of the payment forward to see if it was refunded somehow (possibly mistakenly by the recipient). If there's no indication of that, then I would have to say, based on seeing a status of Completed in your account, you can be sure the money went through.

Second, if the recipient is having a problem seeing the payment or something else is interfering with their ability to access the funds, they would need to contact PayPal so their account could be checked. It's not possible for PayPal to give you information about another person's account, even if it's related to a payment you sent to them. Privacy and security rules prohibit this. Sorry for any inconvenience this may pose, but an inquiry would have to come from the recipient.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for taking the time to post your question here in the Community. Best of luck with all you online endeavors!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.