Monaco PayPal requires me to add an American bank account? Help!

astranaar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone

I've just created a new PayPal account from my country of residence, Monaco, and I'm trying to attach my Monaco bank account to it.

When I go into my settings to add a bank account, it will only allow me to add an American bank account? 

I've sent three messages to PayPal in the past month but no answer, I hope I can get some help here.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

That's correct - Residents of Morocco can only link a US Bank Account - see this info and select your country.   PayPal features and function are controlled by the specific countries banking and financial rules and regulations - not PayPal - each country is different.

Login to Me Too

astranaar
Contributor
Contributor

wrote:

That's correct - Residents of Morocco can only link a US Bank Account - see this info and select your country.   PayPal features and function are controlled by the specific countries banking and financial rules and regulations - not PayPal - each country is different.

Not Morocco - Monaco, as the Principality of Monaco located in Europe.

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

OK so I misspelled - did you follow up with looking at this link - you can only link a US Bank Account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.