Missing Funds

eschreiber
Contributor
Contributor

I can see on my account that  I got "Paid" for my goods. But when I go further into my account, I dont see anywhere money was transferred to me. Where do  I find money was dropped in?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Hmmm...it says "you recorded a $350 USD payment (bank transfer.)" That sounds like you actually marked the invoice as paid yourself, and listed bank transfer as the payment method. 

When the person you sent the invoice to actually makes a payment it will say "Buyer Name (buyer@domain) made a $350.00 USD payment." Then below that it would have a link to "View Details | Issue Refund | Print Shipping Label".

So again, it seems that you accidentally marked the invoice paid, but the person has not actually paid it.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Where are you seeing that you were paid for your goods? Was that just an email or are you seeing that directly in your account?

In general, any transaction that hits your PayPal account will show up in the Activity log, and within that you can click to view more details about the status of the funds. If you got an email that says you were paid, but you don't see that transaction anywhere in your actual PayPal account Activity log, then it's probably an attempt at fraud.

Login to Me Too

eschreiber
Contributor
Contributor

I did not receive an email confirming that it the money was in my account or anything like that. Here is a picture of what I see. Screenshot 2018-02-12 17.40.59.png

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
When you post screenshots here you need to make sure there isn't any sensitive data in it. This image will probably be removed by forum moderators because it has that email address on it. Just FYI.

What do you see when you click into the details of that paid invoice transaction? This should show you the actual payment transaction with a link to view those details. It's possible it's been paid, but it's a pending e-check that hasn't cleared yet, which is why you don't see the balance. You should actually see a separate transaction for the actual payment, though.

So yeah, click into the details and see what it tells you...

Login to Me Too

eschreiber
Contributor
Contributor

So here is what I am seeing now after I go into "Details" of the transaction. But I am still not seeing the funds posted anywhere in my account.

The person is not responding to my emails. Screenshot 2018-02-12 17.50.32.png

Where do I go from here to see where the money is?

Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
They must have removed your image. Make sure it doesn't include any personal info on it. You can black that data out or just crop out the necessary piece for us to see.

Login to Me Too

eschreiber
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about that, I thought all the information was gone. Lets try this one. Here is all I can see. Here shows what you were asking before. But I dont see the dang money anywhere.Here shows what you were asking before. But I dont see the dang money anywhere.Here shows that there is NO money anywhere in my account.Here shows that there is NO money anywhere in my account.

I will certainly kuddos you when we get me the money.

Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Hmmm...it says "you recorded a $350 USD payment (bank transfer.)" That sounds like you actually marked the invoice as paid yourself, and listed bank transfer as the payment method. 

When the person you sent the invoice to actually makes a payment it will say "Buyer Name (buyer@domain) made a $350.00 USD payment." Then below that it would have a link to "View Details | Issue Refund | Print Shipping Label".

So again, it seems that you accidentally marked the invoice paid, but the person has not actually paid it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.