Merchant threatening defamation unless I close dispute

SkyCat92
New Community Member
Hi there I started a dispute with a merchant. Basically I paid for 1000 Facebook likes for my employers Facebook page. Their website promised 100% no drop. Which means 1,000 meant 1,000 and no one would ever unlike the page. After 5 days of the 1,000 being received and our page being on 1052 (we already had 44 followers) it had dropped to 978 so take away our 44 and we had lost a good many from the 1,000 promised. I tried to email the merchant but the email kept ending up in my outbox saying failed to send. I tried to email someone else to see if it was my internet playing up but all other emails sent perfectly so I assumed the email he had left was wrong or broken etc So I started a claim on PayPal knowing he should receive that. The merchant responded with threats of defamation against my works Facebook page threatening to spam, leave bad comments and one star reviews unless I closed case immediately. Only then would they give me what I paid for. I said I would not close the dispute until I had received the 1000 and not before hand He then called me a **bleep** and to close the dispute immediately and threatened again with the defamation. I knew I wasn’t going to get any further with this conversation so started a claim via PayPal I have just received an email today saying that they have given me what I have paid for and to close the case immediately or they will spam, post bad comments and one star reviews. I’m kind of at a loss at what to do. Yes he has now given me what I paid for but I can guess that the likes will start dropping off again when I close the dispute. Also the fact he has been threatening my employers Facebook page has annoyed me more than the likes dropping off. Not only that but he does claim on his website 100% no drop which is false advertisement especially as he messaged me saying drop is natural. It was only 15USD at the end of the day And I can be stubborn to the point of cutting my nose off dispite my face Any advice on what to do would be appreciated Thanks K
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.