Mail Theft Options

jdm6988
New Community Member

About a month ago I was hit by mail theft when I had 6 packages stolen off of my front porch.  All 6 were transactions executed through PayPal.  None of the sellers had insurance on the merchandise, and the Post Office confirmed that GPS tracking indicates that packages were delivered to the right address.  I've filed a police report, but the total value is less than $250 and the police won't investigate anything less than a $1000 loss.  I've even contacted all of the local comic book stores to keep on the lookout for these books.

My question is this:  Is there a way to file a theft claim (chargeback) through PayPal to recover my loss?  I don't see it as a typical dispute that would be filed through the resolution center since the seller did nothing wrong, but I've got my fingers crossed that there is a way I can recover MY losses.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You won't be able to do anything through PayPal if the tracking info shows that the packages were delivered.   If you did pay with a credit card, you may want to contact your card issuer to see if they can possibly help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.