Limited Paypal? I'm verified.

Syntaxx

My account is completely verified and it's been like that for years. There's typically always a problem whenever I try to make international payments and it's really annoying. I'm trying to buy something and this is the error I get: 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.
Paypal customer support is unavailable at the moment so do I have any other option? Also I tried sending money to my other account that I use for personal business and it still won't let me. Would appreciate any and all help.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

So you have added a bank and verified it, and you have added a debit/credit card that is confirmed?  Also, have you added your social security number into the account?  

The error you're showing would typically come up if the PayPal button / payment integration at the seller application or website is incorrectly configured.  But you're saying this is happening any time you try to make a payment at all, no matter who you're sending to?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Syntaxx

Like I said, fully verified. Been with paypal for years. 

Just trying to seek a solution to stop this. And it's not just 1 site it's multiple. Anyone who's not in the U.S pretty much. I always have to contact my bank for them to allow international charges then paypal to confirm. It's just annoying.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Sounds like it's your bank causing the issue then, not PayPal. I would request that your bank permanently allow such transactions. If they won't, maybe look into finding a different bank. Or another option would be to setup a credit card in your PayPal wallet and use that card as the funding source instead of the bank account.

Login to Me Too

Syntaxx

Too much trouble for something that just takes minutes. Can't be switching banks up. Also I have 2 seperate cards and even paypal balance enough for the purchase. So there shouldn't be a problem.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Well, you're right, there shouldn't be. You're saying that you used the bank as the funding source, though, and the bank is blocking the international transactions until you call to verify they should be allowed. Using a credit card should avoid that issue. Make sure it's not a debit card associated with the same bank, but an actual credit card. And if it's a credit card from the same bank, then they could be blocking those, too, which again would be a bank issue. Not PayPal.

I would add a credit card that is separate from that bank and you shouldn't have any issues.

Login to Me Too

Syntaxx

Still too much of a hassle opening another card for something I purchase once a month. It should give me the option to use balance instead of just sending me to an error. The proccess I go through: Checkout on website product-> Login paypal -> receive the error.

I'll just wait till 5 am to call but once again, there's no reason that it shouldn't let me use my balance.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If you have a PayPal balance, then yeah, it should let you use that no problem. Still sounds to me like a merchant/seller side issue, but it's tough to say without seeing what's going on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.