Legal name change

mjace77
Contributor
Contributor

I uploaded 3 documents 2 days ago to support my legal name change and wanted to know how long it will take to process?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mjace77

I guess that would depend on how busy paypal are at the moment, how many staff are available and when they get around to it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mjace77

I guess that would depend on how busy paypal are at the moment, how many staff are available and when they get around to it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

maddiegrant
Contributor
Contributor

that reply does not help at all.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maddiegrant

What would you like? Next Wednesday at 1000????

Its wrong but if thats what you want happy to lie for you.

It DOES depend on how busy paypal are and NO-ONE apart from customer services can know the answer to that question.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Leanne03
Contributor
Contributor
I faxed required documents over a month ago, then I submitted documents online via PayPal option to upload about 2 weeks ago. I still haven't received anything that it was even received.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leanne03

Your best bet is to give them a call for an update?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bridgetnorth
New Community Member

I've submitted documentation TWICE over the last few months and have not had this resolved. It can't possibly take that long to look at my driver's license and marriage certificate and change my last name. I'm at the point where I'd rather cancel this account and start from scratch, but I'm afraid PayPal will not let me because changing my email was a no brainer and they'll tell me an account already exists with my email.

Login to Me Too

Leanne03
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I have a customer service # for PayPal but haven't tried calling yet.
Login to Me Too

Hamgela
New Community Member
I have been trying to get this resolved for months. They responded two months after submitting the documentation to tell me they can’t see the expiration date on my license. Seriously? TWO MONTHS LATER? I’ve been on hold for an hour and a half waiting to talk to someone. Contacted them via email, message, Twitter, phone. NOTHING works. I’m contemplating deleting my account because I don’t need this aggravation.
Login to Me Too

msross67
Contributor
Contributor

I uploaded and sent my new information over a WEEK ago... no change!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.