Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

nfarris83
Contributor
Contributor

So I was printing shipping labels and my account  $533.81 in it and then I printed a shipping label for $2.60 and it dropped my balance down to $513.06. I've looked all over but I canot find where that money could have gone. Here is a picture of what i am talking about http://imgur.com/a/QAKEs any help would be greatly apreciated thanks!

Login to Me Too

Jmkanz
New Community Member

I just had the same thing happen to my account. My balance was $138.78, I received a payment of $35.62 and now my balance is at $110.59 with no explanation.

Login to Me Too

psdoherty85
Contributor
Contributor

Happened to me too this evening.  Received $60 in payments from eBay but my balance shows $0.00

Login to Me Too

menefee_01
New Community Member

Im having the exact same problem. What is going on PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Koryukov
New Community Member
Hello! Yesterday I sold an item via my Etsy shop and received money, but my summery PayPal balance did not change. Where my money goes and what should I do? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Koryukov

Ongoing technical glitch, lots of threads about it, paypal say they hope it will be resolved in 24-48 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fuz
New Community Member

I had an eBay buyer purchase an item, pay, and the 5 minutes later request a cancellation (no reason given). I approved the cancellation and refund on eBay (with a button that said "No Need To Log In To PayPal"), and PayPal refunded the buyer TWICE, deducting the funds from my available balance, 20 minutes on hold to get to CS, and I'm told that it will update at some future point!!! Pretty clear to see the mistake, and no immediate credit??? Very poor experience!!!

Login to Me Too

Pir36
Contributor
Contributor

Yes if u go to ur activity u can see where ur balance goes down,  not up, at least for me.  it is clearly a mistake on their part. Keep track as I am being told by them they r getting tons of calls relating to this. Apparently it's global? I also did not get an email on my regular email Acct  alerting me I got a payment which I always do. 

Login to Me Too

Pir36
Contributor
Contributor

@sdchrissy wrote:

Helllo all,  I received a payment for an item I sold on Ebay.  Payment came through just fine and when I look at the details it says OK to Ship.  However i'm not seeing the money in my available balance.  I don't see anything stating that the payment was an E-Check or is Pending.  Has anyone seen that before?  Just want to make sure the money is there or will be there before I ship out.  If I go to Activiy - Details I do see the correct amount in the balance.  Not sure why it's not available or why i don't see more info in the payment itself.  Thanks.

Yes if u go to ur activity u can see where ur balance goes down,  not up, at least for me.  it is clearly a mistake on their part. Keep track as I am being told by them they r getting tons of calls relating to this. Apparently it's global? I also did not get an email on my regular email Acct  alerting me I got a payment which I always do. 

Login to Me Too

sdchrissy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks everyone for the info.  Well sounds like a system issue that hopefully they will resolve soon.  

yes for me I do see the increase in my balance in activity but not in my available balance.  I also didn't get a payment notification which sounds similar to you.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.