Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

Pho3nix
Contributor
Contributor

This shouldn't take this long.  I received conformation text of money sent from friend yesterday and it's not in my balance yet but a stupid refund I got this morning is already showing.    What gives?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you verify the validity of the text message?

Login to Me Too

Baxter55
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing here right now. What is going on? Why aren't payments posting? How can I let someone take an item I knw they've paid for but is invisible on my statement? I don't think PayPal is a valid way to transfer funds if money just disappears for hours or days.

Login to Me Too

ingridziukas
Contributor
Contributor

It is nearly a moth after PayPal lost my payment. They dicovered, that they have errors in their system, so because of that mo money was taken and of cource they give me back my PayPal balance, but not what was taken from my bank account. So I am still waiting when they decide to transfer the rest sum... So it literraly take moths to cralify things like that.. I used PayPal for several years, but after this experience I am not very trustworthy about them... 

Login to Me Too

danielplym
New Community Member

I too have been waiting for a pending transaction to clear since the 14/11/16 a refund from a seller. Seller waited for me to pay before telling me he didn't actually have product. Nos my refund has been pending for 10 days. PayPal say it is a technical issue from a recent update, sound familiar? Same reason back in august. They reply well but don't actually fix the problem, and money that is lawfully mine I cannot touch. I have been told to be patient, come on PayPal.....sort it out, not good at all you can't just hold money that is not yours, give us our money back.

Login to Me Too

jel14377
New Community Member

I have over $2600 refunded to me by BestBuy.com on 11/13/16.  The refund appeared on Paypal on that day as refunded and as pending on 11/16/16.  I have been contacting Paypal since 11/23/16 about it and have been passed from one rep to another who does not know what is going on except to ask me the same questions, telling me it's a known issue, that I should call my bank, and each email is from a Michael, a Janine, a Jose, a Jonie, and anyone else who sings the same tune - not knowing what the issue is and that he/she apologizes for the inconvenience.  I have called them up and the same story - ABSOLUTE INCOMPETENCE AND TOTAL DISREGARD FOR PAYPAL USERS TO WHOM PAYPAL OWES MONEY.  I'm sure Paypal uses my money to invest in stocks and bonds to earn interest for the company, but not giving me my money back when Paypal owes it to me has to be a violation of its terms and conditions.  As a consumer, some consumer laws protect me! 

Login to Me Too

rasellersjr
Contributor
Contributor

I just had a buyer advise that they made a payment to my account. It has been almost an hour, and I have not received notification, nor has the transaction shown up in my account.

Login to Me Too

ingridziukas
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

After a month of strugle I finally have the rest sum of missing money. BUT the money was taken from my bank account by PayPal and they return them to my PayPal balance. I no need them there, so I will have to pay 2€ to return them where they've been in the first place. So in conclusion - PayPal take my money on October 25, I wrote 36 emails to get them back and waited till December 1 and they are 2€ in my debt after all. 

PayPal sucks. I do not know when they fix they system errors, IF they do... 

Login to Me Too

moir1994
Contributor
Contributor

it is obviously not fixed as I had this issue just pop up no more than a hour ago. so keep looking for fixes please.

Login to Me Too

yana_y

Hi, i have got email that "Shutterstock Images C.V. sent you money!" 30.10.2016, but still on my balance from them nothing,

and on this mail was "Claim your money by Dec 9, 2016 or it will be returned to the sender." So ..I didnt see money and probably they back to sender??? How it possible? what is a problem? 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.