Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

No I do not.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FluttershySocks

We only try and help, a please or thank you for trying would be nice instead of your one liner when we have given up our time trying to sort your problem even if we have not succeeded.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

James151235
It is better to find a way to contact paypal in case of problems like this. Especially, regarding payments.
Login to Me Too

bnickles127
New Community Member
Same issue
Login to Me Too

crkwader
New Community Member

I just got off the phone with PayPal support (1:45pm EST) and they are experiencing some technical issues with accounts not reflecting the correct amount.  In my case, the Summary tab shows a balance while the Activity tab shows a different but correct balance.

Login to Me Too

ballyslots
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal told me it may be over 48 hours before the problem is resolved. Call them or you may not be in the repair ticket

Login to Me Too

thesquirrel
Contributor
Contributor

@crkwader wrote:

I just got off the phone with PayPal support (1:45pm EST) and they are experiencing some technical issues with accounts not reflecting the correct amount.  In my case, the Summary tab shows a balance while the Activity tab shows a different but correct balance.

But which one is truly accurate - did they say that the "detailed balance was accurate" and the funds were there or what?  I have debit card and recieved payment as always - but summary does not reflect proper balance - only 'detailed' report.  There should have been an alert once they knew there was a problem that could take days to resolve... 

Login to Me Too

ljersey
Contributor
Contributor

same problem customer made double payment i refunded 1 back but neither are showing in my balance eventhough they are showing in activity.  and payment i sent is not showing on my end or the person i sent it to.  i also never received emails that i received payment or that i sent payment.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal 's system is currently experiencing lagtime so there will be a couple to several hours delay for transactions to post.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jbob501
Contributor
Contributor

Seems to be a system wide issue with paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.