Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. πŸ™‚ Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

Mastherser
Contributor
Contributor
Payments are not showing because PayPal is run by a bunch of crooks who will eventually burn in **bleep** 😁😁😁
Login to Me Too

RXSleeve
Contributor
Contributor

I received a notification for a new order today (6/6/17) but the payment has not posted into my Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

2gar
Contributor
Contributor
Sent a money. Recipient never got the payment. No activity showing that. Balance got deducted.
Login to Me Too

KeganRocks
So what, they fix it and we lose our money or will it eventually show up?
Login to Me Too

pandaofark
As of June 7th 2017

Hello and welcome to this thread,

Having issues Sending Money? Having issues Receiving Money? Regardless, you will not lose your money.

You currently cannot send/receive money as PayPal is experiencing a technical issue. This issue prevents receiving/sending money using PayPal. Orders will currently be processed, and a transaction ID will be given however it will not appear in activity.

A lot of merchants and buyers are having issues with this at the moment. Please be patient as PayPal addresses this technical issue. I understand it may be hard, but just try to find something to do for the mean time.
Thank-you for using PayPal as your merchant service and I hope you have a great day. Use your smile to change the world, before the world changes your smile.
Login to Me Too

JJDonners
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on those issues? 

I got a amount of money detracted from paypal on my bankaccount, but it isn't showing up on paypal. So I would like to wait for it to show up, just making sure any problems are resolved.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JJDonners

No one from paypal has said there are any issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Friditas
We had almost 9 days where we did not make any money but yet we were selling items On Ebay
Login to Me Too

bfedorov91

Been having this issue for almost 48 hours.  Sold something on ebay and I don't have the funds.  Balance says zero and I cannot spend it.  What is going on??????

Login to Me Too

Friditas
If you been selling for a while you may want to go back all the way to March 2016 and check your payments to make sure you received everything
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.