Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

sdchrissy
Contributor
Contributor

Helllo all,  I received a payment for an item I sold on Ebay.  Payment came through just fine and when I look at the details it says OK to Ship.  However i'm not seeing the money in my available balance.  I don't see anything stating that the payment was an E-Check or is Pending.  Has anyone seen that before?  Just want to make sure the money is there or will be there before I ship out.  If I go to Activiy - Details I do see the correct amount in the balance.  Not sure why it's not available or why i don't see more info in the payment itself.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

paypal says the payment I got was completed but it isnt showing up in my balance, its not unclaimed and my email is confirmed. It just says I got the payment but it isnt in my balance at all.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FluttershySocks

Is it showing up in your transaction history and if not how do you know its been paid?

Are you relying on an email that says the buyer has paid?

Is it international?

Is it a pricy item?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

It shows up in my transactions as completed, there has been no email from paypal and it is not internation, it was only $10

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FluttershySocks

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

No I have not

Login to Me Too

mtnzookeeper
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@FluttershySocks

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

No that is not my issue at all, like I said, been using Paypal since 2000

Login to Me Too

mtnzookeeper
Contributor
Contributor

Oh its been paid, Paypal said so when I spoke with them. Doesn't matter about the price with enough people it adds up real quick, think thousands then multiply, im my case 28.00

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

do you have any cases open in resolution center?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.