Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

welltheresthat
Contributor
Contributor

That's exactly what PayPal told me, it's a known issue.

They were very kind and friendly and apologetic, but said there is no time frame for it being fixed.

I have had some payments go through fine, but I'm waiting on about four to appear in my balance, they already show as "cleared" and PP confirms they are, the funds are just floating around in some blue lagoon of money, I guess. 🙂

Here's hoping this is resolved soon, mine are much needed, ASAP. Landlords and bill companies don't believe in or care about phantom balance problems with PP.

Login to Me Too

nyliferocks
Contributor
Contributor

This happened yesterday and now today. Yesterday it took 45 minutes for a $30 payment from a friend to appear on my balance and it was deducted right away from my friends balance. Both of us did not show the transfer at all.

Today at 12:00 the same the has happned and we both do not see it in transactions and it is not credited in my account.

It happened around the same time yesterday

Login to Me Too

Dgbfx7
New Community Member
I received a payment yesterday and it still hasn't gone into my balance so I'm not able to transfer it to my bank? How long does it normally take to go into your balance after its received?
Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

this is a known issue. check all the thread posted here. paypal is currently fixing it.

Login to Me Too

mtnzookeeper
Contributor
Contributor

Not really as everyone I have spoken to says IT wis working on it with no time frame. Class action lawsuit anyone? 

Login to Me Too

Autismmom14
Contributor
Contributor

dami86
Contributor
Contributor

Lol, yeah.... They're 'fixing' it. I wish. I mean, I hope they are. I have no idea what they're doing.

Login to Me Too

golden34
Contributor
Contributor

Last night a buyer on eBay made a purchase, and paid me $12.95 through paypal at 23:32:18 CDT. That payment shows as complete. However the $12.27 (after fees) never credited to the account. My balance remained at $0. No email was ever sent from paypal saying that a payment had arrived. However, eBay showed the item was paid, and that I needed to ship.

So now the item has been sent. Viewing the balance activity page, it does in fact show that my account balance was $12.27, but this was never available at any point. The next transaction was a puchased for "pay after delivery" that is 100% funded by my checking account. It then shows $0. There are no open cases, or issues that have a hold on those funds. In the line by line history it shows it is there, then on the next line it just isn't. No explaination. I was there when the payment came, and the balance was ALWAYS $0.00. That coupled with the lack of an email confirmation, seem to point at an error with paypal.

Now, $12.27 isn't a huge amount, but the disturbing thought is how often does this happen? I don't examine line by line. When I get a few payments, what is in the account is transfered out. I trust that paypal is going to give me all my funds.

Login to Me Too

golden34
Contributor
Contributor

I can see paypal knows about the issue and is now working on it. Perhaps they should admit this as a banner on the top of the site so people don't waste time trying to sluth it out.

They should also give a small credit or coupon to people who were affected. Still wonder how often this happens, and it goes unoticed.

Login to Me Too

Queenzt
Contributor
Contributor
Looks like it's been going on since 2012 Unfortunately
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.