Known Issue: Received payments not appearing in balance

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator
"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue yesterday during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. And, some merchants may not have received immediate payment.  

The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants. 

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hi everyone,

I know this has been a frustrating issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  I want to assure you this was immediately escalated and is being worked on at a high priority.  We don't have an exact ETA but our engineers are working to fix the transactions affected by this issue as soon as possible.

- Frank

FAQs

Q. Why I cannot see the money in my balance? I am sure that I received a payment because I received the email confirmation.  

A system change last night has resulted in an issue whereby instant bank funded transactions are not appearing on account balances. Once you received the email confirming your payment the transaction did complete but it will only appear in the account balance once this issue is resolved.

Q. Why does the system not allow me to withdraw the payment that I already received?

You will be able to withdraw the funds once the transaction appears on your account balance.

Q. I received a payment, but I cannot see the money in my balance. Should I send the parcel?

Until the payments shows as completed in your account activity log we would advise you not to send out the parcel. We expect this issue to be resolved soon therefore this shouldn't cause any major delay to your parcel send.

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
406 REPLIES 406

kkwecare
Contributor
Contributor

Lisalisa13
Contributor
Contributor
I am having same issue. Account says that I received $250.00. The transaction is marked as being complete, but there are no available funds in my account like there should be. I ended up calling them after they initially sent me a generic email full of info I was already aware of. The guy on the phone said that they "are experiencing technical difficulties" and that "their engineers are working on it". He also said it should be fixed soon, within 24 hours. I then asked him if this issue was happening to others and he said "yes, so they are working to resolve it quickly." I have been with PayPal for 15 years and this is the first hiccup I have ever had with them. Hopefully it is all resolved quickly and correctly.
Login to Me Too

kkwecare
Contributor
Contributor

hasnt been fixed yet!

Login to Me Too

Ktnegs
Contributor
Contributor
I am still experiencing this issue today.
Login to Me Too

700hpAMG
Contributor
Contributor

Sold an item on Ebay today, $50 + shipping. it is listed in my Paypal account as money received, however not relfected in my balance. I know what my balance was prior to this sale, it is not there. Feedback over 500, all positive, all 100% so I am not new to this, do not believe there is a hold, no reason for it to be. I was going to ship the item immediately, but now, no money.

Login to Me Too

700hpAMG
Contributor
Contributor

Called Paypal, they are having system issues and told me my balance should be correct in the morning. I will check again.

Login to Me Too

Snafu
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah same thing here and because my detailed report showed the money paid; I went ahead and shipped my purchaser's item only to realize my fears were correct and money was instead taken out of my account to cover the shipping.  Just curious how on earth did you get through to paypal on the phone?  My call was handled by those pecky never ending automated bot people and I never heard a please hold on the line for a representative as I can't answer your questions lol.

Login to Me Too

Queenzt
Contributor
Contributor
Enter last for digits of SSN then just keep pressing 0 Then 2 then 3 gets u to aCSR Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Queenzt
Contributor
Contributor
They will not be fine in the morning They Told that to tide u over is all I've been waiting now for 2 days
Login to Me Too

paulaselina
Contributor
Contributor

Same happening to me, on several items. If you make a lot of sales, you have to go through line by line and make sure transaction is added in. Paypal is hoping people won't notice this. They must need a little more money in their coffers. It's more difficult when you make a lot of sales. If this isn't resolved today, people need to start calling attorneys. These so-called "glitches" have been happening too often lately for this not to be a plot.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.