Known Issue: Payments not appearing on sender or receiver's account

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Update:  Engineers are reporting the issue with transaction delays was fixed late last night (around 2am ET).  Typically a transaction may take a few minutes to appear in the account activity and we are back to that normal behavior.  Thanks for your patience during this issue.

Hi everyone,

Our engineers are aware of an issue right now where payments are not immediately appearing in the account activity for both senders and recipients.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and our engineers are working to fix this as soon as possible.

This issue appears to be causing a delay in when the payments appear.  The transaction is initiated, it's just not appearing on the website for up to 4-5 hours in some cases (the time appears to be random).

I will update this post when we have more information and to let everyone know when the fix has been implemented.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
285 REPLIES 285

Cazzameister
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there - wanted to know why my payments do not appear on my associated credit card statement?! Apart from the change in account balance it's very difficult to know if I've actually been paid or not? is there something wrong and it should show as a deposit in my credit card statement?

Login to Me Too

Cazzameister
Contributor
Contributor

Will the fix be for past transactions too?! I have two payments that never showed on my associated credit card statement over the last couple of months

Login to Me Too

oleskool
New Community Member

My puchase is not showing on the sellers account.  The money has been deducted from my account.  How long does it take to complete the transaction?

Login to Me Too

Bdperini
Contributor
Contributor
I received a payment and got the email confirmation and transaction # but the money is not apperining on my account
Login to Me Too

Heidi01
Contributor
Contributor

This problem is still occuring, sent payment hours ago not showing in either account, thought this was sorted days ago, its now 15/03/16

Login to Me Too

Confused_me
Contributor
Contributor

Also having exactly same problem with payment made same day as this. Sent late last night, had pop up confirming payment sent (which I took screen shot of ). After a few minutes it hadn't appeared and assumed just slow, still nothing in morning or by this afternoon. 

PayPal say are aware but seems it's ongoing so FIX IT

Login to Me Too

SickTeddyBear
Contributor
Contributor

My issue is that payments were not showing in the redesigned site's activity log, but they were showing in the transaction list on the classic site.

Now that the problem seems to be fixed with new transactions made today and going forward, there are still sent/received payments from yesterday that are still not showing on the regular site. When will this be reconciled?

Login to Me Too

HoneyNutIchiros
Contributor
Contributor

A friend sent me a payment yesterday and it is not appearing anywhere in my activity.  I recieved email showing it was sent but still can't find it anywhere.  Can someone help?

Login to Me Too

Scirig
New Community Member

I am currently having the same issue. I made a payment days ago they took my $$$$ from my checking account, let the seller know payment was made but yet neither one of us can see the transaction or the $$$ any longer. I hope they get this issue resolved, I have never had this happen before & I am beyond annoyed!!!! 😡

Login to Me Too

PabloCastaneda
Contributor
Contributor

It just happens to me, I just sent $200.00 to another Paypal account and it is not shown on my activity or the recipient never got the money but it was deducted from my account. What should I do? I tried to reach by phone Paypal and it takes forever so I emailed them away. Any help would be appreciated , thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.