Item not received, delivery not attempted. Paypal closed claim

RL8
Contributor
Contributor

Can anybody help?

I bought an item directly from the seller on the 2nd May. On the 3rd May it said delivery attempted which is not true.

No card was left and redelivery was not possible. The seller was contacted but they ignored the messages sent.

A claim was opened in paypal and the seller sent the tracking information which I already had. I let the seller know that delivery had not been attempted would expect a refund when the item had been returned. They escalated the claim in paypal providing nothing but the tracking number. Paypal said that because the item was delivered they closed the case. I explained that the item had not been delivered, no delivery was attempted and no card was left but they still said the item was delivered which it was not.

On the Royal Mail website it said delivery attempted and because it said that paypal said no to the refund because it had been delivered. They said I could appeal but the option option to appeal is to say the item arrived and it was not as described but it hasn't arrived. If I select that option then that would be saying yes the item arrived but it hasn't been delivered.

I let paypal know today that I will be contacting the police and trading standards regarding this seller because it is blatent stealing and I am going to citizens advice bureau some time this week. I am in the process of getting all the information together to be shown to the above.

The tracking now shows that it is in the Royal Mail delivery centre as below. Is there anything else that can be done as it hasn't been delivered and it seems like paypal are responding with copy and paste text which is not helpful at all

"We could not deliver your item as the addressee failed to collect or re-arrange delivery following an unsuccessful delivery attempt. We could not return item SF307841428GB to sender as there was no return address. On the 22/05/17 08:25 we sent the item to our National Returns Centre (NRC) for them to determine the senders address and return it to them."

22/05/17 08:25 AT DELIVERY OFFICE CARDIFF PDO 03/05/17 09:16 DELIVERY ATTEMPTED03/05/17 CARDIFF PDO 03/05/17 06:53 ON DELIVERY CARDIFF PDO 03/05/17 06:40 ARRIVED ATCARDIFF PDO CARDIFF PDO 03/05/17 05:00 ON ITS WAY TODELIVERY OFFICE CARDIFF MAIL CENTRE 03/05/17 04:27 ARRIVED (MDN) AT CARDIFF MAIL CENTRE 02/05/17 19:43 ON ITS WAY TOCARDIFF MAIL CENTRE TYNESIDE MAIL CENTRE 02/05/17 19:20 ITEM COLLECTED TYNESIDE MAIL CENTRE 02/05/17 15:46 SENT AT POST OFFICE 86 High Street TS13 4HG

Any help will be appreciated

Many Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, you need to contact Royal Mail to clear up the delivery attempt issue.  RM says it was attempted, you say "not".  So, prove it.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems you need more information from Royal Mail about what happened.  Until you can submit evidence contrary to RM, won't have anthing to use for an appeal.

Login to Me Too

RL8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thank you for responding. I have sent all the information to paypal but they said because delivery attempted is the same as delivered. Delivery was never attempted and it was never delivered so other than reporting the seller am not sure what else to do

Many Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, you need to contact Royal Mail to clear up the delivery attempt issue.  RM says it was attempted, you say "not".  So, prove it.

Login to Me Too

RL8
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

froglegs3463
New Community Member

PayPal needs investigated, there is no way to dispute a claim, get a refund, you get bounced around from call center to call center, mostly out of the country, can you say **bleep** SHOW my advice to anyone who uses PayPal is plan on donating your money to a company that is a scam and PayPal is involved with it. My advice is DON'T USE PAYPAL. Send me your money and I wont deliver the product that you ordered, this way I can recoup some of the money I have lost through PayPal. What kills me is they close a claim for no reason and people just don't fight back!!!! Its time to put this SCAMMING COMPANY CALLED PAYPAL OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!! Please pass this post onto everyone you know so that they don't get **bleep** like we did!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is the address correct?

if you said no delivery and Royal mail said attempted delivery,check the shipping address.

where is the seller,it is hard to believe there is no return address on the box?

if you have used a credit card,then file a chargeback.

Login to Me Too

RL8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thank you, I don't know if there is a return address as it wasn't delivered so the only information I have to go on is the Royal Mail tracking which now says it is in the national returns centre. Unfortunately I paid via paypal so can't do a charge back

Many Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.