Issue With Receiving Refund

J4i
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've been having an issue with receiving a refund for the past 9 days. I bought something on eBay and the seller ended up giving me a partial refund of $8. The problem is that I connected my temporary card to my PayPal when I bought the item. Now that I have my permanent card, the temp is no longer active (the two cards have different numbers). I called PayPal and my bank at least 3 times with this issue and I'm still not getting any real help. Now, I have received another partial refund of $3 but I know that it won't go into my account. Both refunds are showing completed on my activity list but it is no where to be seen in my bank account. I even told the sellers to just send the money to my email address that I use with PayPal. Because they are Chinese, I'm not sure they were understanding what was being said about me not being able to receive the refunds if they didn't send it to my email address.

At this point, I am just worried that my money will be lost. Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You should get your money back but, because of the card issues, it can take up to 30 days for the funds to end up in your account balance.

Login to Me Too

J4i
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. I've been getting different responses from everyone but I hope you're correct. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.