Is this a scam ?

Mrtrimms
New Community Member

Just put a sofa up for sale and got this reply within minutes :

Great! please consider it sold and please cancel every other appointment regarding it as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin as a gift, i have read through the advert and I'm totally satisfied with it,sadly i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and me being in wheelchair.

I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal. 

Where is the pick up location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?

is this a scam ? looks like it to me

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Mrtrimms,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community forum. Based on the information you provided, this does appear to more than likely be a fraudulent buyer. The most common thing to look for in situations like this is when the buyer pays extra and asks you to Western Union or MoneyGram their courier to pay them to pick it up. In these situations, the buyers then dispute the payment through PayPal and you don't have seller protection as you didn't ship the item.

You can find more information on protecting yourself against fraudulent buyers online by using the information listed here. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.