Is Rupay card are also be able to link to paypel

Rohit_sharma
New Community Member

hello! i am from India, i have debit card of Punjab National Bank, and the bank offer Rupay card. So am i able to add my Debit Card to PayPel. If yes how, as the debit card link option show no option for Rupay card and If no you should need to think about this also as Most of us use Rupay card and this will help you in more customers to be benefited from you services.

Thank you

Rohit <removed> (IN)

1200px-RuPay_Logo.jpgImage to help you out 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Santosh999
Contributor
Contributor
RuPay cards are not accepted on PayPal. PayPal needs only Visa or MasterCard cards that are enabled for International payments. Only a couple of banks in India provide these Visa or MasterCards (ICICI, HDFC, etc.) Many banks provide Visa or MasterCards, but they are enabled ONLY for physical locations Point Of Sale, and NOT for Online Transactions (e.g. DBS Bank, etc.) DBS Bank's Visa cards have limitations of RuPay and get declined for every transaction on PayPal. So, the bottom line is "Go for only banks such as ICICI, HDFC etc.) PayPal is not for Aam Aadmi who uses RuPay (pun intended).
Login to Me Too

ajfrod
New Community Member

Might work as discover card, but needs to work with international transactions. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.