Is Genersale.com a legitimate dealer?

Bmwbob
Contributor
Contributor

I need to buy a Honda EU2000i generator. The cheapest price I had found was $900 from Northern Tool.

Now I find that Genersale.com sells the same item for $670.

While this price is attractive, the facts that the only way you can contact them is by email (tried that already...no reply) and they only accept PayPal for payment both together raise at least a yellow flag for me.

Past experience has shown me that should a problem arise in a Paypal deal, getting my money back is far from an overnight task.

Also, their website identifies them as being part of the Unity Online enterprise. The only reference to Unity I can find is for a new age religious group from Missouri.

Common sense tells me that a deal that looks too good to be true probably isn’t, so I come seeking the “Wisdom of the Crowd” to either vouch for this place or alert me to a scam.

Bob

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

10995skyler

Stay away from this crook. I am still working with Paypal to get my refund for the item that has never been shipped. Two emails to customer service has no return and in over ten days , they still did not reply to the escalated dispute through Paypal. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

tim1215
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the same generator yesterday, They tell me it will ship in 24 hours and I will receive it in 5-7 days. I wish I would have seen your message before I placed my order.

I will post the out come of this transaction.

Login to Me Too

kullickr
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a Honda eu2000i on Nov. 24th and pay pal debited my visa on the 26th. Still no generator and no updates on Genersale web site. They do not respond to my several emails. I think this is a SCAM and I will be calling Visa and pay pal tomorrow. 

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered mine 14 days ago. I have sent 3 separate emails to 3 different email addresses: one from the "7 x 24" customer service offered on the website, 2 different ones from the Paypal acknowledgement. I filed a complaint today to the Paypal Resolution dept. There wasn't really an option to report a fraudulent dealer. So I filed against "Fraudulent Transaction". When I received a call back (Omaha,NE number that I disregarded 6 times til I realized it was Paypal),  I learned I should have chosen the "Did not receive item" option. Had to be shipped to another department, new claim had to be issued.  Paypal informed me they are going after the seller and if they have not received a response from the seller within 10 days, they will refund my money. 

File a claim through the resolution center!! Be sure to choose "Item not received" option. 

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered mine 14 days ago. I have sent 3 separate emails to 3 different email addresses: one from the "7 x 24" customer service offered on the website, 2 different ones from the Paypal acknowledgement. I filed a complaint today to the Paypal Resolution dept. There wasn't really an option to report a fraudulent dealer. So I filed against "Fraudulent Transaction". When I received a call back (Omaha,NE number that I disregarded 6 times til I realized it was Paypal),  I learned I should have chosen the "Did not receive item" option. Had to be shipped to another department, new claim had to be issued.  Paypal informed me they are going after the seller and if they have not received a response from the seller within 10 days, they will refund my money. 

File a claim through the resolution center!! Be sure to choose "Item not received" option. 

Login to Me Too

WEBCO
Contributor
Contributor

GENERSALES GOT ME TOO. TOOK MY MONEY DEC 2 AND NO GENERATOR. I FILED A COMPLANT WITH EBAY. WILL GET MY MONEY BACK.

Login to Me Too

snelson600
Contributor
Contributor

See my post below.

Login to Me Too

NHed
New Community Member

just confirming what others have had seen...but I did receive refund from Paypal...ordered 11/29/17

Login to Me Too

RSADude

Had the same problem. Ordered and nothing arrived. This is a scam!!

Login to Me Too

Luder
Contributor
Contributor

While I am not sure if the information will be accurate, this is the group, person who registered genersale.com with godaddy:

This information might be more accurate than what you will find on the company website if youre trying to reach someone directly.

I haven't ordered from them, but I was asked to check if I thought they were ligit. If a company doesn't give you a location address, a phone number or any contact information to contact them and they dont reply to email, there is probably a reason for it. 

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.