Invoice with Billing Address

BriKnight
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Simple issue,

I've made a purchase through paypal related to my work. The payment went well and the seller has already shipped the product. Now I need an invoice of that payment also containing the Billing Address, so that my financing institution may pay me back this quantity. But all I can get in PayPal's invoice system is an invoice with Shipping Address and no Billing Address **.

This is important because legally my financing institution needs the Billing Address in the invoice with it's address and fiscal number! I've placed that information in the billing address associated with the payment credit card.

If I can find a way to do this then this means we can buy a lot of stuff from places like ebay and retail online sellers and that would make our lifes work a lot faster as an academic research lab! Just that, an invoice with Billing Address so that it conforms legally and we can get payd back.

Thank you

** The one you can get in your account by doing Summary > "Completed" tab >  {clicking the payment} > "print details". I don't know of any other way of getting an invoice.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@BriKnight wrote:

Sorry, I don't think you understood. I'm not talking about seller's information. I'm talking about my Billing Address that I associated with the payment method. 

Usually invoices make a distinction between shipping address (where the product goes to) and billing address (the address of who pays). Many times these addresses are the same so it is irrelevant to make a distinction. But in this case the billing address is the one of my financing institution, with it's fiscal number, and the shipping address is our lab's address in another building.

To keep clear, both addresses were introduced by me, the billing address associated with the credit card that I used and a shipping address introduced when placing the order.

Thank you

ask the seller to put together an invoice using your billing address,should not be a big deal.

it does not have to be via Paypal or Ebay,just an invoice from him to you,  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry, no way to do that, the only thing available is what you see on the receipts/payment records in our Activity page.   For privacy reasons, PayPal/eBay only shows the seller's PayPal email address, Business name, business url business phone on the receipt.  You can maybe grab the merchant's physical address from their retail site.  Or use eBay's physical address at the bottom of eBay purchase notification email to use on your purchase orders.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BriKnight
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I don't think you understood. I'm not talking about seller's information. I'm talking about my Billing Address that I associated with the payment method. 

Usually invoices make a distinction between shipping address (where the product goes to) and billing address (the address of who pays). Many times these addresses are the same so it is irrelevant to make a distinction. But in this case the billing address is the one of my financing institution, with it's fiscal number, and the shipping address is our lab's address in another building.

To keep clear, both addresses were introduced by me, the billing address associated with the credit card that I used and a shipping address introduced when placing the order.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

My bad. No, they do not put Billing address, sorry.  Where do you get "invoices" from?  

With PayPal, you checkout online or the seller send you a PayPal Invoice which do not have billing and shipping addresses on it.  The only way is if you do a screenshot of the checkout page that may show this information.  I have never seen a receipt that lists billing address and shipping address together on PayPal.

Maybe look into using an accounting or invoicing app or software that you can make a Receipt with your billing address on it everytime you make a purchase. Keep track of what payment method used at time of purchase and the billing address of your payment method.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BriKnight
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry, but my initial question, that still remains, is not about Seller's information. I don't need extra seller's information.
I just need for both shipping and billing addresses to show on the invoice, which is a standard for businesses. How can this be done?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@BriKnight wrote:

Thank you

ask the seller to put together an invoice using your billing address,should not be a big deal.

it does not have to be via Paypal or Ebay,just an invoice from him to you,  

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

or yu can even format an invoice template,listing your billing address and space for their name and address,description of item,amount,and form of payment like paypal transaction number,date and other etc and send it to them 

Login to Me Too

BriKnight
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, I see, thank you. That makes sense. I thought I had to mark some special option on the Invoice or something, that I couldn't find.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As the buyer you only receive the invoice; it is up to the seller to add the details.

Did you pay with a PayPal invoice or did you buy from an ecommerce web site?

If with PayPal invoice, you should ask the seller to add all required information and note before yo pay.

If from a shopping cart, the seller would need to design that invoice.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.