Invoice paid but shows unpaid

Rufushum
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an invoice and it was paid, it seems, by a different email...I got the money but it still shows the invoice has not been paid. Can I cancel that invoice?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Rufushum,

If you're positive you've received the payment into your balance for that transaction, you'll be okay to cancel the invoice. If the payment shows as pending, I would advise waiting until that updates to take any action.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

IrkBuddy
Contributor
Contributor

I can't tell you how frustrating it is that PayPal shows invoices as unpaid when they actually were. When you go to "Summary" - your home page - to the left the page will show "30 invoices unpaid!!!!" and you get furious when you think, Gosh, I sent those invoices out months ago!!! You prod the people to pay up, don't hear from them, prod some more, and then find out they actually did pay — or at least a few did or many did or none did . . . I'm so confused! Why am I confused? Because when you go to Activity and click on ALL in the first box at the top left, and click "Payments received" in the second box, you get a much clearer picture of who has paid and who hasn't. Or is it clear? Because some invoicees listed here are flagged as Unpaid on the other page. We have "PAID," "PAYMENTS RECEIVED," "COMPLETED" payments . . . sheesh. It's very unsettling telling people you THINK you received their payment. MaybePaidPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.