Intermittent problems with customers ordering off the site.

captainsalad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, we have been having intermittent problems with customers using PayPal for around a year now after 3 years of our site working perfectly. We use custom variables in URL strings, an example of the URL string we use can be seen below. Some weeks we have no problems at all then all of a sudden the orders go quiet and we have customers inform us PayPal kicks them out and won’t allow them to order off the site. We have talked to an adviser at paypal and they said we are having DNS problems that is causing the problem but Google webmaster tools have reported no DNS issues in the last 90 days as well as several independent DNS scanners. We test the site daily and have no problem making orders but customers in other areas of the UK have issues when ordering which doesnt give us any clue as to what the problem can be as we cant replicate it ourselves ever.

Any sort of advice on why it’s working for us perfectly fine (aswell as friends) but not for some customers on and off?

A query string example is below (which when cut and paste into the address bar also works as expected).

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_cart&currency_code=GBP&business=info@riolett-services.co....

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

captainsalad
Contributor
Contributor

Any help or input appreciated!? Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello captainsalad,

Thanks for reaching out! Generally, when some customers are having issues checking out, it could be due to a conflict with the information they have provided or a temporary outage in their area. 

However, if you would like additional assistance by our merchant technical support team, I would suggest visiting the following link and filing a support ticket by clicking on "Contact Support" at the bottom of the page: https://www.paypal-techsupport.com/.

I hope they are able to identify any potential issues to offer you further assistance. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.