Instant transfer from my bank to recipient not showing up or working!

warriorsdubs7
New Community Member

Hey everyone,

So I read that Paypal allows you to transfer money instantly from your bank account to someone else as long as you have a linked debit / credit card as a backup option. I am fully verified and have been with paypal for years. I do not see this option when trying to send someone money. I am wanting to send my family money using my bank account so there are no fees as well as my debit card daily spending limit is lower than what I am trying to send.

When I select my bank account as the payment method it is saying the money will take 7 days to reach the reciepent. This is way to long and I need to get the money over to my family instantly. 

Anyone have any context on this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @warriorsdubs7!

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you've recently been running into an issue using instant transfer. 😞 I know issues with sending payments can be frustrating.

It sounds like you're seeing the option to pay via eCheck when you attempt your payment. This would typically happen if the instant transfer option is being denied by our internal security model or in the event that the PayPal balance is sufficient to cover the amount of the payment. 

If you check out the link provided about security model and that sounds like what you might be experiencing, I would recommend reaching out to our customer support team for further research on the issue. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

If you have a PayPal balance and you still wish to pay with instant transfer through your bank account, I would recommend trying to withdraw the balance before attempting your payment again. In most cases, this will free up the instant transfer method. 

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.