Instant payment under review questions

michaelrhodes
Contributor
Contributor
Received 2 instant payments and both are being reviewed for 24 hours. I have my debit linked and awaiting deposits for my bank verification. Some questions I have are, can they buyer cancel the transaction? It has the status “Under Review” and I know if it has “Pending” the buyer can cancel it. My second question is, if sent using f/f does this (Payment review) happen? And what if the payment review shows somethings wrong?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@michaelrhodes

You need to be very careful, its against Paypal rules to sell and accept family / friends payments.

That could be why paypal are reviewing it. If sellers use that option to evade paying their paypal fee then they risk their paypal account being limited.

You may get away with it this time but if reviews continue to show you are doing this then a limitation may apply.

Also whilst you are trying to negate your buyers protection you are also negating your seller protection at the same time. A buyer would not be able to open a paypal dispute BUT they could do a chargeback via their credit card company and you would then have no seller protection because you accepted payment for goods that way against paypal rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.