Instant Tranfer Fees

MinnesotaMAN
Contributor
Contributor
Did the instant transfer fees changed? I had been charged twenty-five cents per transfer. No biggie. When I went to transfer just now there was a 1% fee. There’s no way I’m paying $10 on a $1,000 transfer. Is this the new fee structure? I’m really bummed. I had loved the instant transfer option.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

guilford681
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue.

I have vendors that do not take paypal and I went to transfer instantly this morning and boom 1 percent......?

Its already a pain waiting one business day. Doing that today means I cant pay vendor till monday now even though bill due sunday.

Login to Me Too

MinnesotaMAN
Contributor
Contributor

I just logged in to the app and received the notice that starting April 19th, all instant transfers have a 1% fee. I'm so disappointed. I used that instant transfer option every single day. I suppose if you are transferring $50 or $100 it's not such a big deal, but man, when you start transferring $1,000 or more it adds up. I hope the fee schedule gets reviewed, I'm really going to miss that 30 minute transfer option.

Login to Me Too

CB36
Contributor
Contributor

My average transfer is only $350 or so but I make them a few times a week. I was paying 25 cents each which I was happy to pay for the convenience. Then without warning I noticed it is now 1%! The difference between .25 and $3.50 is HUGE. On that transaction, it's what, 1,400% more?!? And with no notice or warning? Ridiculous!

After hunting around the PayPal site I found something that says personal PayPal accounts are .25 for instant transfers, but business accounts are 1%. Don't know if that has always been the case or not, but it wasn't the case with the PayPal app until the most recent update. 

This is a ridiculous fee that penalizes business owners. It takes no more effort to instant transfer from a personal or a business account. I've been a PayPal customer over 10 years and this is shameful and wrong.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.