Incorrect Email Address on Customer Receipts

wb6jao
Contributor
Contributor

A few years ago we changed our email address. I added our new email address to our profile and deleted the old one.

But I just discovered that the old address is still showing in the Merchant Information on the receipts our donors and members are receiving.

I've looked everywhere in our profile and the bowels of our Paypal account and can't find the old email address anywhere. However the Merchant information is still incorrect in these receipts. The receipt even says it's sent the payment to the wrong address even though we're getting the donations and payments correctly.

I even created new buttons and replaced the code on our website, but the error is still occurring. 

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I tried calling Paypal support and gave up after 45 minutes on hold.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @wb6jao,

I'm sorry to hear that there's a missed setting that is causing your old email address to display in your merchant information. I'll be happy to help you get to where you can change that.

Please go to your Profile, then click Profile and Settings, then click Update next to Business information. The page with all your customer-facing business information will load. Click edit in the top section, and you'll be able to change that email address and any other information that may have changed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Sometimes an address can be hidden on the PayPal side and only customer service has the ability to clear it.

Login to Me Too

wb6jao
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I sent an email to support. I was on hold for over an hour before my headset battery died.

I'm not optimistic.

Login to Me Too

wb6jao
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still waiting for a reply either from Paypal Customer Service or another Community Member who can help out.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @wb6jao,

I'm sorry to hear that there's a missed setting that is causing your old email address to display in your merchant information. I'll be happy to help you get to where you can change that.

Please go to your Profile, then click Profile and Settings, then click Update next to Business information. The page with all your customer-facing business information will load. Click edit in the top section, and you'll be able to change that email address and any other information that may have changed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

wb6jao
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, That's where the address was hidden. It's not an obvious location and isn't mentioned anywhere that I could find in the help text.

It would have been great if the customer service person I talked to had a clue that this was the issue. Instead he transferred me to the product group where I sat on hold for over an hour.

You do have another bug with this Forum. Below this box, it says "Tags (Optional)" but it won't let me post anything unless I supply something

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @wb6jao,

I'm sorry that the person you spoke with did not have that knowledge and that you had to wait on hold. I'm glad I was able to get you pointed in the right direction!

I haven't encountered an issue where the forum requires tags in order to accept a post, but I'll be happy to look into it. Can you include a screenshot of the page with the post and the error? Can you also include the browser you're using and its version? 

Thank you!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

wb6jao
Contributor
Contributor

Chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Login to Me Too

wb6jao
Contributor
Contributor

OK - the last post worked without an error message. I tried again and did get the message, attached.

What did I do differently? I clicked the Recaptcha Box BEFORE finishing typing my message.
If I wait until I'm done typing and then click it, it seems to work

Error attached.

Paypal Error Message.JPG

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @wb6jao,

Thank you for including that! I'll make sure that the right folks have that information so this can be investigated. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.