I was Scammed Refund wanted

WillRo
Contributor
Contributor

Some guy said if i paid him 65$ through paypal he would give me something, he never did. I was scammed. I'd like to get my money back.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Call the number in back of your debit card for assistance with filing a dispute.  If that fails, depending on your card's terms and conditions regarding disputes, there are no refunds on personal payments with PayPal.  Your seller asked for a gift payment and you chose to send a gift payment.  No refunds on that.  That is why PayPal denied your dispute.  You should read the PayPal User agreement regarding Purchase Protection.  It is all outlined there.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

And there is a "why" that PayPal can't refund you, because you sent payment as Friends and Family payment.  PayPal does not provide protection coverage for that kind of payment because it is expected that you actually send the money to a friend or family member! Not to some stranger trying to sell you virtual goods which is another high risk for scams.  

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.