I was Scammed Refund wanted

WillRo
Contributor
Contributor

Some guy said if i paid him 65$ through paypal he would give me something, he never did. I was scammed. I'd like to get my money back.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

File an Item Not Received dispute if you paid as a goods & Services payment.  The seller has to provide tracking number to win case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Or if you paid with credit card, file a chargeback.

Login to Me Too

WillRo
Contributor
Contributor

how do i do that?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

To file with PayPal, go to the Resolution Center, or go to the transaction, click on it and click report a problem link.

To file with credit card, log in to your online card account, find the transaction, there should be some link to report the transaction or call the number on back of your card for assistance.

Login to Me Too

WillRo
Contributor
Contributor

it wont let me file a dispute it says "We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly." I cannot contact him becaus I was scammed and what's the point he won't talk to me. He won't even respond.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I did say earlier if it was a goods and services payment, you can file a dispute but since it isn't and you send payment as Friends and Family, that is like sending cash, no refunds. if you funded the payment with a credit card, file with credit card.

Login to Me Too

WillRo
Contributor
Contributor

Here's what happened. I was buying an online digital game item, price was 65$ and he said "send it through family/friends so theres no fees and taxes" so I did that. He said once I sent him the money he would give me the item, BUT He never did. I paid using a DEBIT card so i checked and it wouldn't provide a link to report anything. I was scammed! Now when I try to file a dispute on PayPal it says We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly." I don't see why paypal can't just give me a refund because he said everything like it was NOT a scam and he showed proof. I really dont know what do DO!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

And quit sending money to complete strangers for goods and services as friends and family payment!  Then they would be held accountable to send you your goods or services via purchase protection.  You scammed yourself out of the money.  PayPal does not protect you from bad judgement.  The PayPal user agreement explains what and what not to do when sending payments and outlines protections afforded to you.  Even when you send payment vis Send &Request page or on mobile app, it says Goods and Service payment is covered by Purchase protection so there is no excuse.

Login to Me Too

WillRo
Contributor
Contributor

So I dont get my money back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.