I want to buy an item international from a Person

GUNEY
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I bought many thing from Ebay and I paid with PayPal. As you know there is an Ebay buyer protection sytem. (in sum, if the buyer accept the İtem and Leave the feedback , the seller get the money. 

But now the situation is different.

I want to buy an item international from a Person (not a company or Ebay).

The seller sent me an invoice via PayPal. I'm not sure if I pay for it and then the never received the item.

Is there any security system. If the item does not arrive may I cancel the transaction and recieve my money back?

Does the PayPal buyer protection cover my purchase? May I trust the seller via PayPal or not?

Thanks for your understanding

Guney

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GUNEY

Why don't you read up on buyer protection in the user agreement, then you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GUNEY
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It's hard to understand what I read due to my weak English level.  

The explanation of "There is no Buyer protection on Personal Payments" has confused me.

As far as I understand, if all details of the device are specified in the payment document, PayPal Buyer Protection will be valid.

I hope that is correct.

Regards and thanks for your helps

Guney

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GUNEY wrote:

Hi,

It's hard to understand what I read due to my weak English level.  

The explanation of "There is no Buyer protection on Personal Payments" has confused me.

As far as I understand, if all details of the device are specified in the payment document, PayPal Buyer Protection will be valid.

I hope that is correct.

Regards and thanks for your helps

Guney

DO NOT pay as Personal payment.  There are no refunds or protections for that.  Make sure it is a PayPal Invoice you are paying. If you do not feel comfortable about the transaction.  You do not have to make payment.

This transaction do not sound like a safe transaction to me.  Especially if you are not understand in English.

This is how a PayPal invoice look like.  It's would say INVOICE on the right corner.

invoice-hero-ipad

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paying a PayPal invoice is a goods and services payment so you are eligible for purchase protection, how you are protected depends on what goods or services you are paying for and if it is covered in the protection policy.

Click Legal Agreements on bottom of page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GUNEY
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The seller send me an invoice an there is a description about the item. Is it enough for the payment?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.