I sent someone money per their request, but they Canceled the request.

furelisa02
New Community Member

The money was still withdrawn from my bank account, but the requesteor didn't get that money. How do I request this money back? Or where did this money go?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the transacton on your PayPal activity list on you computer? 

Login to Me Too

Lvl70_RedPanda
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi there!

When you send a payment we (PayPal) immediately start pulling the money from your bank. Once this process starts PayPal doesn't have a way to cancel the bank transfer that is already underway. What this means for you is that instead of the money from your bank going to this other person... it goes to your PayPal balance instead! From there you can withdraw it back to your bank or use it for your next PayPal transactions.

Quick tip: if you get a refund before the bank transfer completes your refund will show up as "pending". As soon as your ACH transfer from your bank completes (usually in 3-4 business days from the original transaction date) your refund will get moved into your available balance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.